Sunday, June 19, 2011


Even though Father’s Day is pretty much over, i waited to make this post this late because i was haunting these photos down…

Today at church there was a dedication to father’s, like a slide show…

Something that really impacted me during this dedication was a part that said “Remember when he used to read you bible stories…”

I felt so teary eyed for a second because one of my clearest childhood memories was nightly devotionals that included my dad pulling out a massive drawing pad and sketching all the bible stories to make it more understandable for my brother and I. I remember we used to sing this really corny song every night …(in spanish of course) that went:

“Come and let us go up to the mountain of Yahweh, and to the house of the God of Jacob, and he will teach us his ways, and we will walk in his paths.”

I remember this like it was yesterday, it was the most intimate family quality time of the day. Sometimes it would get so late that we couldn’t have an entire devotional so my dad would pull out a chair and sit between my brother’s room and mine and read the bible until we fell asleep… when he would stop, for some ridiculous reason we would wake up and tell him to keep going…

… Also, i remember always being terrified of sleeping alone, so i would wake up in the middle of the night randomly and scream “Papi!!!” i always thought there was something in my room, i guess just like any other little girl… but he would run out of his room and lay next to me until i would fall asleep again…

These are just a few of many stories i can talk about, he is the bravest man i know, and i’m proud to be his daughter.

The awesome thing about this story is that to this day, my dad does everything he can to bring us all together at night to read at least one verse and pray together, of course it’s not the same, and sometimes one of us is missing, but the fact that we made this pretty much a family tradition makes me tremble.

Just thinking about all these teachings and how they have impacted us as a family as individuals…

Nothing in the world, i mean absolutely nothing can compare to that kind of impact.

Thank you Father, You have no idea what you mean in our lives, and the generations to come…

Happy Father’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment